Friday, November 19, 2010

“Love Me Please”

Flickr Image by MarfaMo
That seems to have been my mantra for the past month…ok…fine..… past YEARS. I know. Sad isn’t it?
Maybe I should blame the Disney fairy tales, or the corny Hollywood chick flicks that had my brain filled with all these unrealistic fantasies on how I will live happily ever after with my Mr.RIGHT. Because…
IT’S NOT HAPPENING!!!!!!
Alright, I know there are many other alternate thoughts that I can use to replaces these chains and chains of pessimism like some of my girlfriends. For example:
It’s OK. Who needs a man anyways. I can take care of myself.”
“PUH-LEEZ! We’re living in the 21st Century. A woman can live a happy life without relying on love.”
“Men are just going to DRAG YOU DOWN”
“Um… there are toys. Why need men?” – I love this one. LOL
But SERIOUSLY?! These are just thoughts that will lead us to a lonely, lonely, did I mention LONELY?, life.
Call my traditional but I can’t imagine living a life as a SINGLE woman for the rest of my life. Trying not to sound TOO desperate here. All I want is find the man I love, and who loves me too, and build a family together. Is it really THAT hard? And please don’t feed me the It-Will-Happen-When-You-Least-Expect-It bullshit because um, NO. that’s not how it works. Trust me.
[sigh]
But I guess… the only thing that can keep me sane will be:
It’ll happen when it’s time…
Bisous,
Lady Papillon
Real Love. Real Rants.

No comments:

Post a Comment