Monday, September 6, 2010

Dumb Woman....

....That's what I am. A VERY dumb woman.
When it ended, why did I front the everything's-gonna-be-okay act?

When it ended, why didn't I just let out all my frustrations and give him a ear full?

When it ended, why did I smile and agree to the "friendship" that I never wanted?

And today, why did I decide to join his birthday function with all his friends KNOWING that this awesome day I had will never be an actual part of my life. 

As we hugged goodbye he says, "I truly appreciated you coming today. It meant a lot to me."  OH man... for some reason..... that just felt like either a hard slap on the face... or a deep stab at the heart. I know we're never going to be as close as we were.....

The whole drive home.... I felt like we had just broken up.... all over again.... 

Why did I do that to myself?

Bisous,
Lady Papillon 
Real Love. Real Rants. 




2 comments:

  1. oh dear. i can totally relate to how you feel. friendship with an ex majorly sucks if you're not over him. so why did you agree to be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Little Miss Angry - i don't know... honestly i'm still friends with most of my exes... usually it's fine, but there's always THAT ONE (or few) that makes it so difficult. *sigh* Dumb huh?

    ReplyDelete